Kaethe's Reviews > Disease-Proof Your Child: Feeding Kids Right

Disease-Proof Your Child by Joel Fuhrman

Nov 16, 2011

bookshelves: stricken

He also presents the fascinating science that demonstrates that the current epidemic of adult cancers and other diseases is closely linked to what we eat in the first quarter of life. Eating well in our early years may enable us to win the war on cancer.

Clearly Fuhrman doesn't understand science, particularly cancer. The only connection between "eating well" and cancer is that people who starve to death early will never develop cancer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Disease-Proof Your Child.

message 1: by Catie (new)

Catie You delight me Kaethe.

message 2: by Kaethe (new) - added it

Kaethe Thank you kindly, ma'am. Stupid books make me stabby.

message 3: by Jo (new)

Jo What Catie said.

message 4: by Kaethe (new) - added it

Kaethe Aw, I'm blushing now.

message 5: by Karim (new)

Karim Samra Really Kaethe? " The only connection between "eating well" and cancer is that people who starve to death early will never develop cancer."

You actually think that? So the thousands of studies and metastudies linking cancer to certain foods are bogus? The peer reviewed, published double blind placebo controlled, prospective, cohort and others that linked, for example, processed meats to colon cancer are just wrong according to you.

The W.H.O. has classified processed meat as a group 1 carcinogen and unprocessed meat as a group 2A carcinogen in 2016. But I guess the WHO DOESNT UNDERSTAND SCIENCE either right?