Robin Berg's Reviews > Axtelera Ray: The Chronicles of Astrone

Axtelera Ray by M.J.   Gallagher

U 50x66

Im not a huge fan of reading books, I like stories told in either movie or game format, though i have played numerious sessions of Dungeons and Dragons so I can still imagine a few things told to me without pictures and videos.

Since I read the authors novelisations of the much loved Final Fantasy VII game (I really enjoyed them) I thought I'd give Axtelera Ray: the Chronicles of Astrone a shot, and boy was i not disappointed.

The story is interesting, rich with lore from my favorite mythology: Norse, characters are well written, environements described in very good detail (especially in the later parts of the preview copy)

The main characters, Victor and Demitra are described in such a good way you can almost experience all their emotions as if you were in the world of Octavia itself.

The story has a steady flow and will keep you interested throughout the entire novel. The way that the author uses several characters view of the story (and even tells us about things happening outside the main characters point of view) makes it look like it's ready for movie and/or series adaptation, which is a huge plus in my opinion.

Since english isn't my native language it was a bit hard to read but do not fear, it's not that difficult that you don't know whats going on or where the events are taking place, be it a dining hall, council room or the streets of Brighton.

Axtelera Ray is a great read for anyone interested in sci-fi (yes Octavia is more high-tech than you think), superheroes or some kind of mytholgy. Especially Norse.

I highly recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Axtelera Ray.

Finished Reading