Penny's Reviews > Three Day Fiancée

Three Day Fiancée by Marissa Clarke

bookshelves: arc

4 “Nonstop dreaming of shenanigans” Stars

As the first book in the Animal Attraction series, Three Days Fiancée was a fun, light and sexy read I enjoyed from start to finish.

Here we follow the story of Caitlyn, dog-walker extraordinaire soon to be a CPA and Taylor, sexy hot guy/helicopter pilot.

A series of unfortunate events finds Cait stranded in Taylor’s apartment waiting for Beau, a giant fluffy pup, to pass an expensive ring he’s swallowed. Fortunately, for Cait mostly, she finds the ring stuck in the dog’s mouth and just so happens to try it on as Taylor’s busybody and matchmaking grandmother comes in. Cue in massive misunderstanding that Taylor walks in on and then decides to exploit to get his Grandmother off his case.

Now all they have to do is pretend to be happily engaged for a three-day anniversary party, and then go back to their own lives where Cait does nothing but work and study for her test and Taylor is out flying his bosses at any given time.

With a powerful and instant attraction, both Taylor and Caitlyn have to fight the pull if they dare walk away with their hearts intact… as we all know, though, things never go according to plan.

Taylor was the total package, he came off as a bit of an anti-commitment jerk at first, but he was funny and charming, a total hunk beef and sexy as all get out. He was really awesome to his dog and his family and I really liked to see him fall for Cait.

Caitlyn had a very bad experience with men in her past, which left her more than gun shy. She had a lot of walls up, but Taylor and his crazy family tore right through them. She was very standoffish, which isn’t my favorite trait in a leading lady, but she ended up being cute and fun and was capable of deep feelings.

I know the “fake relationship” trope is not for everyone but I personally enjoy it very much, and Three Days Fiancée was a perfect example of why. With feelings, humor, and some seriously hot scenes, this checked all my boxes. Taylor’s family was just the frosting that made this sexy and fun cake even better.

*I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Day Fiancée.

April 14, 2018 – Shelved