Bec's Reviews > Softhearted

Softhearted by Kim Law

Heather Lindsay is a big believer in love, but for some reason she keeps picking duds and failing to make a relationship the forever kind. However, the moment she meets Waylon Peterson, there's instant chemistry. Except she's heard the rumours about his lothario reputation and there's no way she could get involved with a playboy. Yet, attempting to stay away from him is impossible. Will Waylon be able to win Heather over or will she walk away from her chance at happy ever after because she finds it hard to trust?

The first book of this series was an absolutely captivating read, but this story has taken the series up a notch and I've got to say that Heather is the most fascinating of the three women that have such a tight bond because of all that they've been through. Indeed, she's a softy; the one that falls for the wrong guys. Yet, in saying that, it looks like she's found the right one this time in Waylon, as long as he can prove he's a good guy and not the lothario everyone says he is. Will the hero be able to win the heroine over?

As for the dialogue, it was intense, enthralling and I loved the way this story started, especially since the first life lesson at the top of the chapter sums up Heather's love life. However, it was from the moment the hero and heroine come face-to-face for the first time that brought a huge smile to my face, as the hero is such a flirt and Heather is determined to resist his charm. Moreover, both the main characters were incredible with the heroine being hard-working, resilient, determined to resist Waylon, and yet, I liked that she ended up giving him a chance because they're so good together. I also liked how protective Heather's friends are of her because Trenton and Jill don't want to see her get hurt by a guy again. Yet, what I liked most of all about the heroine is the decisions she made when it came to her future.

While the hero, he's confident, an absolute charmer and I liked how determined he was to win the heroine over because she fascinates him and is the first woman to catch his attention in a while. However, I couldn't help but feel sorry for him because of everything he's been through when it comes to his ex's parents and the relationship he's had with his own father. Certainly, there's a bit of resentment, but I liked how everything worked out for him because his daughter means the world to him and nothing should keep them apart.

Overall, Ms. Las has delivered an utterly fantastic and well-written read in this book where the main characters were well-developed and had me loving their intense chemistry; the romance was special, as Waylon treats Heather wonderfully; and the ending had me jumping for joy because of how things worked out for the hero when it came to his legal battle and his relationship with the heroine. The hero's words are sweet and full of loving, especially when he's talking about her hips. I would recommended Softhearted by Kim Law, if you enjoy the opposites attract trope or books by authors Catherine Bybee, Jamie Beck, Erin Nicholas and Jill Sanders.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Softhearted.

Started Reading