I Dream of Dragons and Unicorns's Reviews > Let Me In

Let Me In by Luna David

9203222

bookshelves: 0-mm-btwn-4-point-5-and-5-stars
Read 2 times. Last read April 13, 2018 to April 14, 2018.

@ 38% ... ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️!!

“It didn’t matter that Liam, and everything that he was, felt different to him. It didn’t matter that he had an attraction to the boy like he’d never had with Tommy. Obviously, Tommy was beautiful, energetic, young, sweet, and fun, but he wasn’t Liam. And if he could say that this early on, how was he going to feel in a week, a month, half a year?
He knew he’d inevitably fall in love with Liam. Not just love him but be truly, madly in love with the boy. It would take time. But he’d known the second he’d seen him on his doorstep two days ago that the kid was different in a way that would draw him in like a fly to honey. He had to maintain some level of control, and this was the only way he knew how. He wasn’t about to shoot himself in the foot and reject the boy outright. He wasn’t that self-sacrificing, but in order to put the boy first, having him live at the opposite side of the house was his best solution.
He was fucked.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let Me In.

Finished Reading
April 13, 2018 – Started Reading
April 13, 2018 – Shelved
April 13, 2018 – Shelved as: 0-male-male-books-i-own-to-be-read
April 13, 2018 –
5.0% "// In the mood for a book like this one and so I decided to crack it open :-)!! This has started out really well and I’m enjoying it so far!!"
April 13, 2018 –
5.0% "// Not to nitpick or anything but eleven o’clock at night is NOT “evening” ;-)!!"
April 13, 2018 –
11.0% "// Wow I’m really liking this so far :-)!! Also, I think it’s awesome what Tommy is doing for Cash in terms of finding him a perfect boy to take his place <33333!! Learning about everyone this way makes it pretty damn awesome; Tommy sounds like a sweetheart, as does Liam, and Cash [aka Daddy] sounds absolutely wonderful!! It’s awesome that Tommy will essentially end up introducing Cash to the love of his life!"
April 13, 2018 –
11.0% "// OH and Liam’s sister is an absolute SWEETHEART :-)!!!! I am adoring the fact that she is as supportive in all of this as she is :-)!!"
April 13, 2018 –
12.0% "// I have to say AGAIN that I’m glad I decided to take a chance on this book :-)!!

The writing so far is STELLAR :-)!! I’m really digging the writing style!!"
April 13, 2018 –
12.0% "// BTW - I like how intuitive this author’s writing is :-)!! It’s like she is writing to the reader and letting them know everything is going to be wonderful!! If I consider something, bam, there’s an answer!! I NEVER gush but I must say, SO FAR, I’m impressed!!"
April 13, 2018 –
12.0% "// OH and I like how the book introduces an unbelievable situation and makes it seem very believable!! It’s an art!

I hope this book has a lot of SHOW!! Lots and lots of EXPLICIT SHOW ;-) #IfYaKnowWhatIMean!!"
April 13, 2018 –
17.0% "// WOW, the letter Tommy left Cash is absolutely BREATHTAKING ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️!! And everything he says about Liam ... just heart melting ... and on top of that, what he says about Cash and what he wants for him, it brought tears to my eyes 😍😍😍😍😍, and that is an insanely rare and incredibly difficult thing to do!!"
April 13, 2018 –
25.0% "// It’s 05:00 in the morning and I just can’t put this book down!! #WhoNeedsSleep!!"
April 13, 2018 –
29.0% "// Okay it’s not THAT little o__O!! Perhaps littler than YOURS, but definitely not THAT little!! So let’s not turn it into a thing o__O!!"
April 13, 2018 –
35.0% "// “He couldn’t allow himself get too emotionally involved with the kid. He just couldn’t.
He was too damned young and would eventually want to be with a Daddy closer to his own age if he wanted a long-term relationship.”

~ *Scoffs* Pffff don’t even go there 😉!! We all know that you two belong together and will soon recognize you’re the love of each other’s lives 😊!!"
April 13, 2018 –
38.0% "// Listen, I’m half in love with this book 😍😍😍!!"
April 13, 2018 –
38.0% "// Also, see quote on review page!!"
April 13, 2018 –
43.0% "// Okay, I hope this author has a ton more books planned for this series!!!!"
April 13, 2018 –
47.0% "// This scene is sizzling hot and all that BUT unless Liam is made out of rubber, I don’t see how the positions he’s putting his body in are even possible!! I’m not talking about being bendy, no we’re on a different plane here, he legit would have to be a pretzel to pull this off o__O!! I’d really like to see the visual the author sees when they write scenes like these - LOL!!"
April 13, 2018 –
48.0% "// Loving this moment ❤️❤️❤️❤️!! Sizzling, yes! Passionate, yes! Tender, yes! So damn hot, yes yes yes! But most importantly, this moment takes the time to be BELIEVABLE!! Liam is a virgin and this is such a REAL moment 😊😊😊!! Truly awesome!!"
April 13, 2018 –
49.0% "// “He chuckled as Liam scrambled off the bed then he squeaked and grabbed several tissues, holding them to his ass as the last of Cash’s seed spilled out of him. He ran to the bathroom like his ass was on fire, and Cash’s chuckles turned into guffaws. The kid was so completely taken off guard, it was hilarious.”

~ ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️!!"
April 13, 2018 –
49.0% "// Oh, Liam, no no no no, sweetheart 😞!! Cash is falling in love with you too, he’s just scared, you’ll see 🙂!!

ADORING Liam ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️!! What a sweet, magnificent boy ☺️☺️☺️!!"
April 13, 2018 –
49.0% "// Fuck, this woman can write!!!

Also ... Liam ... BAM, right in the feels 😞😞😞!!"
April 13, 2018 –
49.0% "// OMG, Liam, NO, that’s not it AT ALL!!

CASH, you terrified idiot! You wonderful, magnificent IDIOT!! You better fix this with Liam and you better let him know that you DO see yourself falling in love with him, but that you’re just terrified 😞😞😞!! FIX IT!!!"
April 13, 2018 –
50.0% "// I really like the juxtaposition of show and tell here; Luna David does it very very well!!
I really like how in depth the author goes in her explanation of what’s happening or how the MCs are feeling! Sometimes things CANNOT be shown and this is where words come into play! But there is a whole heck of a lot of SHOW as well, and I am really enjoying the balance 😊😊😊!!"
April 13, 2018 –
53.0% "// Oh, Liam :-/!! I don’t think you should be doing what you’re doing in the GRAND SCHEME of things, but I do believe that what you’re doing for yourself right now is RIGHT!! I am so glad you know what you need and are not willing to settle for even a second :-) ❤️❤️❤️!! Good for you, Liam ❤️!!"
April 13, 2018 –
53.0% "// Good! I'm glad to be getting a bit of a backstory on the "why" where Cash is concerned!! I want to give this guy thee biggest hug as well!!"
April 13, 2018 –
67.0% "// Since they're role playing and using different names in their scenes, I think they should stay away from the affectation 'Daddy', just because that's what Liam uses in their every day lives OUTSIDE of a scene/role play, just so things don't get confusing o__O!! Though the author does a spectacular job of shifting from dynamic to dynamic; from real life to scene/role play :-D!!

Cash = Kris/Dad
Liam = Nicky"
75.0% "// ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️!!

I want Mattie & Jake’s story too ... and I want Carter’s story as well ☺️!!"
April 13, 2018 –
80.0% "// This book has SUCH a story; it's SO well rounded :-)!!"
April 14, 2018 –
87.0% "// For fuck's sake, just throw that stupid fucking woman to the dogs already >:-o!!!!! CC and Liam, ESPECIALLY CC [Ciara, Liam's sister], need to understand that their mom is a fuck up and will NEVER heal/get better!! She's a manipulative drunk user and she deserves what she gets!! Just cut her loose for fuck's sake!!
Enough with the bleeding heart bullshit and "we're family" mumbo jumbo!! Fuck her to hell and back!!"
April 14, 2018 –
89.0% "As much as I feel like we’re getting a boatload of information on these two, and how I can see that this author leaves no stone unturned, I still feel like we’re missing out on crucial things within their sexual relationship :-/ (like the punishments, the cage, etc)!! I don’t know if I’d’ve traded one or the other & the overview here is truly all encompassing, but I still would have liked more explicit sexual detail!"
April 14, 2018 –
91.0% "// This book is written so wonderfully that if you don't pay attention, you'll miss realizing that something super important isn't happening here o__O!!
I am reading a page here where I am told that they have play quite a few role-playing scenes, even ones they haven't already tried, etc. and I'm thinking, WHY would you TELL me that without SHOWING me?!!?
If it's a scene we're familiar with ...

- Continued ..."
April 14, 2018 –
91.0% "// ... Continued ...

And have witnessed, then I have no problem with skimming over it in favor of more important factors in the book! But considering the fact that a lot of their relationship is BASED on these factors we're being told about, I'm kind of annoyed that we're being TOLD and not SHOWN!! It's written SO well that it's terrific either way, and so it doesn't OBVIOUSLY negatively impact ...

- Continued ..."
April 14, 2018 –
91.0% "// ... Continued ...

... the story! But there is reference to "fulfilling each other's fantasies one by one" and I'm thinking, WHERE THE FUCK WAS I WHEN ALL THIS WAS HAPPENING?!!? I mean, as the reader, I want to SEE it happening, I want to WITNESS them going through something as splendid as that!!

... Continuation ..."
91.0% "// ... Cont ...

So the retelling in retrospect IS written VERY well, but the fact that I was kind of cheated out of SEEING it happen ... well, it pisses me off, I'll be honest!! You'll get what I'm saying when you read the book!! It's FINE as it is, because the retelling/reflection is BEAUTIFUL, but still ... don't introduce something to me if you're not going to let me SEE it!! I wanted more SHOW in THIS regard!!"
April 14, 2018 –
93.0% "// “There was Stephen Wales, the vet; Declan Romero, the architect; Kanai Akiona, the doctor; Malcolm O’Shea, the professor; Leo Moretti, the cop; and Jake Cosgrove, the auto repair business owner. Even their names and occupations were diverse.”

~ All of Cash’s friends that have come to play poker ☺️!! I wonder if this means we will be getting ALL their books 😍!!"
April 14, 2018 –
100.0% "// Amazing, amazing, AMAZING book!! I want the next one!!"
April 14, 2018 – Finished Reading