OvyReadz's Reviews > The Trees Told Me So

The Trees Told Me So by Purva Grover

The Trees told me so is a powerful narration of issues that we normally tend to ignore in our daily life. It questions our purpose of life and pinpoints how silly things that we do could outgrow and create irreparable damage to our life. Meanwhile the author blends in the silent trees in the background of every scene giving a sense of completion to every story in here.
My favourites were,
A Summer Ritual
A Glass for Rs.1
Between Us, Daughter and Mother
The First Kiss
On the Bed of Wood
A Summer Ritual revolves our relationships with our grandparents and how beautiful it is to cherish such fond memories with them.
A Glass for Rs.1 asked so many questions to the current society and the trend we are living in. Such an eyeopener.
Between Us, Daughter and Mother is about the worst things that could happen to a little girl who is shun down from asking questions on sensitive stuffs. It was so relatable and this story made me totally emotional. I was contemplating over the life of girls after reading this.
The First Kiss and On the bed of wood were the type of stories that I am coming across recently. But I totally appreciate the captivating narration and fleshed out characters.
This book is full of characters that are so realistic and full of life. Credits to the amazing narration and choice of words, I could clearly see the scenes before me.
The settings are very simple and the stories belong to people who could be our next door neighbours or a storekeeper we happen to see everyday.
The stories in, give us mixed emotions. While one makes us nostalgic and fills us with wonderful memories, the next one devastates us.
I am so glad I read the book and I highly recommend everyone to pick this one.
It is a quick read, not to forget the pretty cover and quality print.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Trees Told Me So.

April 13, 2018 – Started Reading