Gaby (Living in Libros)'s Reviews > Emergency Contact

Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi

bookshelves: faves

Beautiful! Inspiring 10/10. My dog slapped his paw on the cover so that counts as 5 stars.

Alright now where do I begin! This book was beautifully written I fell in love with the two dorks aka Sam and Penny right away. I also loved Choi's narrative voice I found it refreshing less like the voice of a wise wizard and more of like the voice of your homegirl telling you a chisme buenismo.

Anywho I would very much so recommend this book to everyone not simply because of the hilarious moments in this book but also because of the serious moments as well.

It's clear from the beginning that the main protagonists suffer from loneliness and have a habit of bottling things up until they meet each other and become that emergency contact they both need. By the end it made me realize I was doing the same things Penny and Sam were by pushing my friends away. But after finishing this book I went right ahead and texted my friend.

So yes it's a beautiful story written so 21 first centuryish and I enjoyed it. Definitely one of my favorite reads so far this year.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Emergency Contact.

April 12, 2018 – Shelved
April 12, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
May 25, 2018 – Started Reading
May 25, 2018 –
page 75
19.04% "Oh shit shit shit."
May 26, 2018 –
page 154
39.09% "Okay Lorraine is shady af. i don't trust her."
May 27, 2018 –
page 306
77.66% "yes yes yes!! kill me with this agnst"
May 28, 2018 –
page 394
100.0% "they're both so stupid I love them. why tf was i so scared to read this. Im such a weenie hut jr."
May 28, 2018 – Finished Reading