Kristen's Reviews > Touched

Touched by Cyn Balog

Nov 15, 2011

bookshelves: e-book, youngadult, romance-y, paranormal-fantasy
Read from July 21 to 22, 2012

First Impression: I've enjoyed some of Cyn's other books and always look forward to them as she mainly writes standalones. It's a nice break after reading so many series books.

While Reading: Poor Nick can see his future. The only problem is that it is forever changing. His mother also has the same power and has become a shut-in. Nick also lives with his grandmother who tries her best to provide for both of them. So, he tries to follow what he's supposed to do to keep the future the best it can be for him. A girl gets in the way though, a girl that will forever change his life. Taryn understands Nick's dilemma as she is about to inherit the Book of Touch, the reason why his mother and him can see the future.

Nick knows that with her in his life, his future is hazy, which means he probably will die soon. But he just can't stay away from Taryn. He's been marked a weirdo at school and has no friends. Too bad Taryn means an early grave for Nick.

I really loved this story and how everything tied together. It was like reading John Green but with supernatural elements. Boy is loner and a bit strange, girl comes along and changes his life type story. Cyn wove a beautiful story that drew me into the plot and I found I could not put this one down for long because the story was so intriguing.

Final Verdict: Definitely a standout novel and recommended for those who like standalones and emotional stories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touched.