Rachel's Reviews > Lover

Lover by T.M.  Smith

F 50x66

Well where to start with this. I loved it. I feel like I should leave it there really.
But I cant . I'm going to start with saying that you need to start by reading 'survivor'. The characters in 'lover' are all introduced in that book and it does help in the reading knowing the back story. Also the timelines are the same at the start of the book.
I loved the humour that was apparent from the start of this book. The relationships between the three main characters was slow to develop a lot of the book was a couple and one looking in from the side.
The supporting characters are fantastic and really contribute to the dynamic of this book. I love Connie and Claire. Connie is hilarious in this book and her relationship with Rory and Rand is priceless in places.
I really enjoyed the slow build to the triad relationship. It's hinted at a few times in the book but it took a while for it to happen.
I like this book still has a proportion of it dedicated to the solving of crime and that it tried to lead you one but then dragged you another for the culprit.
I think this is a really well written book that is a real page turner as you want to constantly know what is happening next. I do think the ending was rather abrupt though. But I have heard that there is going to be another book in this series so I can't wait for that to see what happens next.
I received this book in return for a honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover.

April 12, 2018 – Started Reading