Trix's Reviews > Out of the Darkness

Out of the Darkness by Kate Sherwood

Nov 15, 2011

bookshelves: angst, cowboy, mm-novels, threesome
Read from November 15 to 19, 2011

Overall I would give this a 3.5 star rating.

I admit the plot line was very interesting and the story contained quite a number of issues the threesome had to overcome, most of which even couples had to endure. Lack of trust, insecurities, former hurts, jealousy, establishing one's worth and status within the relationship, coming to terms with a less than perfect past and how much of it influences your present and future.

All three characters were flawed but you loved them more because of them, because they fought to overcome them and better themselves. I felt that Jeff (as Dan and Evan noticed) was not overly discussed and most of the agitation in the relationship was between Dan and Evan (some of Dan's inner monologues making me wonder if he really loved Evan or just accepted him because of Jeff).

But somehow, I wasn't drawn to the characters as I was in the first book, hence the lower rating. I can't say what was wrong with it exactly, just snippets of things that made the book ok-ish rather than great, as opposed to the first novel. So don't take the rating in consideration. As I said, I liked the story, the characters, the dilemmas and the twists and turns that brought the characters together. I just didn't love them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of the Darkness.

11/17/2011
54.0% "Ah.. the mechanics of making a relationship work..."