Madeline's Reviews > The Iron Queen

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Nov 15, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: mythical-beings, fairy-tale

I dove into this book still hating Meghan Chase from the second book. Read my review for it and you'll know why. But, she was not too bad in "The Iron Queen." I tolerated her and didn't feel like tearing my hair out! I came out of this book...not liking her but not hating her. Thank God!!

As always, I adored all the other characters [except Meghan!!] and the world in which Kagawa created. Loved it. I enjoyed the idea of "the lady and her knight" that went on through it. Meghan seemed a lot more calmer and not whiny. Still annoying, but I enjoyed being inside her head a little more than I did in the previous books. Which is saying a lot for me!

Robin Goodfellow--I still love you. He's not annoying. Just zany and quirky. Ash actually loosened up--why am I so surprised? Had an icicle jammed up his arse for the other two books. And Grim--wish I had a kitty like you <3.

My, this is a bad review. Suppose I'm not in the mood for actually writing a true, blue review. If I even know how. Ending it here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On another note, however, I hope Kagawa writes another novel set in this world but about Goodfellow. Not Puck as Meghan sees him, but that wild, ancient faery of old tales. That would be an incrediable story, if written properly without some simpering, poor me attitude teenager.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Queen.

November 15, 2011 – Shelved as: mythical-beings