Steven Ramirez's Reviews > Sticky Fingers

Sticky Fingers by J.T. Lawrence

Every once in a while, you come across a collection of short stories that are, well, magical. And I had the good fortune to experience a great deal of magic in Sticky Fingers by JT Lawrence. First of all, let me just say, I never knew South Africans could be so damn funny. Come to think of it, I’ve only ever met one South African, and she was sweet. And, okay, kind of funny. Moving on.

These stories range from the macabre to the flat-out hilarious. My favorite was “Off the Hinge.” I never realized it was so difficult to secure a pint of milk for your tea. Maybe that’s why I always take mine black. On the other hand, considering the narrator’s predicament, perhaps milk is the least of her worries.

If you like stories that disturb rather than horrify, then get this collection. Each one reminded me of a modern, well-made Twilight Zone episode featuring great actors. And if you’ve ever had a chance to catch the original television episodes, you’ll know I’m setting a high bar.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sticky Fingers.

Started Reading
April 6, 2018 – Finished Reading
April 10, 2018 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Riann (new) - added it

Riann Excellent review! Sounds like an interesting book!

Steven Ramirez Riann wrote: "Excellent review! Sounds like an interesting book!"

Thanks, Riann. It is.