CarolKat's Reviews > Her Wicked Hero

Her Wicked Hero by Caitlyn O'Leary

Read 3 times. Last read April 15, 2018 to April 16, 2018.

This book opens in the jungle with a hostage situation. Several very prominent people are being held. One of them former NSA Director Harold Brockman and his children. One of the problems is that their yacht has been blown up, making rescue unlikely. That is until the director fakes a seizure and they let his daughter search for an EpiPen. In reality she is looking for a watch that shields a homing device, it will alert the correct people of their whereabouts thus dispelling any thoughts that they are all dead in the explosion.

As the team prepares for rescue our hero Zed sees a photo of Marcia. That photo has him itching to get on with the mission. That woman was his, she just doesn't know it yet.

The mercenaries think Marcia is the oldest of the three Brockman daughters and was playing the role to keep herself safe.

Unfortunately for her when the team arrives she was away from their hut with the youngest daughter at the makeshift latrine. Taken by Raymond, one of the most vile of the mercenaries, she needs to stay alive and after her sarcastic comments earn her a backhand from him that leaves her seeing stars she realizes she needs to be subservient, no matter how hard it is.

As the hostages are being airlifted out, Zed starts his search for her.

In the aftermath of the rescue it becomes apparent that Raymond is obsessed with Marcia.

Plenty of drama and hold your breath moments as Zed and Marcia get to know one another.

I love smart, strong women, and Marcia fills that role to a tee in spite of her insecurities, relationship wise. Zed has his hands full with her and I loved watching him pull her out of her shell.

I loved Zed's team and since I started this series at the end instead of the beginning I now have to go back and read the rest.

Emotional, sometimes scary, action packed, with sweet yet sizzling sex and some giggles make this book a must read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Wicked Hero.

Finished Reading
April 10, 2018 – Shelved
April 10, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
April 15, 2018 – Started Reading
April 16, 2018 – Started Reading (Paperback Edition)
April 16, 2018 – Finished Reading
April 17, 2018 – Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)
November 4, 2018 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)