Iris's Reviews > Cast Long Shadows

Cast Long Shadows by Cassandra Clare

bookshelves: 5-stars, fantasy, emotional-pain, my-favourites, read-in-2018, short-stories, historical-fiction, paranormal
Recommended for: Any and all Shadowhunter fans out there

SO GOOD!!! These novellas are all INCREDIBLY PAINFUL, and I love it, and AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I fell in love with Matthew. He was such a lovely character, and I loved seeing how he went from this sweet innocent child to someone who was so hurt (I know, I'm mean.) (Honestly that just sounds super wrong, and not really like what I'm even trying to say, but... You probably know what I mean...).

He was wonderful, and I hope we get to see more of him in future books.

And also did I mention how much this story HUUURRRTTT?!?!?! Because it did hurt! It hurt so much, and in the very best way possible, and AFGFJGHKFGHJKFGHJSFGJSDADFJGKFSAGJLFGFLJGSFLFGL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO GOOD!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cast Long Shadows.

Quotes Iris Liked

Cassandra Clare
“Is that why you insist on carrying about enormous tomes everywhere you go, that you might visit violence upon innocent persons? Done to death by my best friend - my heart's brother - my own dear parabatai-”

Cassandra Clare
“Matthew had not meant for Christopher to be asked to leave shadowhunter Academy, but as it emerged, they did not let you remain in school if you blew up any portion of it.”

Cassandra Clare
“James still had his book tucked under his arm, but Matthew knew better than to fight doomed battles”

Cassandra Clare
“Uncle Will frequently gave dramatic readings from the book he was writing on demon pox, which were very droll”

April 10, 2018 – Shelved
April 10, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
May 9, 2018 – Started Reading
May 9, 2018 –
page 0
"Okay, wow, I totally thought this was called 'Long Cast Shadows' not 'Cast Long Shadows'...

I've literally spent months reading this title wrong, and I only ever noticed because my mum had to buy it for me, and was like 'Do you mean Cast Long Shadows? Because that's all that's showing up.'

Whoops!"