Denise's Reviews > Batman: Noël

Batman by Lee Bermejo

Nov 15, 2011

bookshelves: graphics
Recommended to Denise by: Goodreads
Recommended for: high school level - teens

Graphics are very popular in my middle school library. I loved the story line in this book, but was very disappointed that it contained a few cussing words, which has prevented this book from becoming a popular read for this age group. If the author had just left these few words out this book it could of had a much wider audience base.
Graphics have a very strong audience base. These children check them out daily because they are such a fast and absorbing read. I have to really admire these writers because their job is to grab their reader's attention with their illustrations and can only convey their story with a few sentences for each character. Another reason why I liked this book is because the storyline started and finished in this book. So many of these books have ongoing sequels which can be very expensive for this audience base to purchase or even if they check them out from the library the funds these days prevent the libraries from having all the sequential issues. Another plus was that it was a lovely hardbound edition too.
So, I personally recommend this book and it would be a great Christmas present from a parent or relative to anyone who has a graphic reading teenager.

I was a lucky winner in the Goodreads Giveaways and received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Batman.