Bobby's Reviews > Little Bee

Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Nov 14, 2011

bookshelves: reviewed
Read in November, 2011

Loved the writing, the originality, and most of the plot. In keeping with the author or publisher's request on the cover, I won't disclose any details. The reason this book didn't reach the 5-star level for me is that towards the end the plot seemed a little too contrived and forced to me. A couple of major events happened that just seemed to unbelievable. A nice quick read though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Bee.

Lisa Vegan In keeping with the author or publisher's request on the cover, I won't disclose any details.

Interesting. I don't think I've seen this request from author/publisher in any other books. I will start this book later in the week/the weekend.

Rachel Bobby, I totally agree with you about the ending. The book was going along fine, and then this unbelievable / contrived / hokey stuff happens at the end ... it seems like the editors sort of went off duty for the last dozens of pages. :( I really liked it up to that point. Oh well.

Rachel Or, I shouldn't say "up to that point" ... as if it were just one thing that happened ... it was sort of the whole ending part ... as in, the last 20 or 30 pages ? where I felt the tone / writing style changed, and the plot details, also, just did not fit in with the rest of the book. :(

message 4: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy i started this book right after my husband left and i had a 3 1/2 year old who wore batman pjs everywhere. i had to put it down. and i haven't been able to pick it back up since. keep meaning to... thanks for reminding me about it.