Monet Smith's Reviews > Discovering Leigh.

Discovering Leigh. by Gerry Pelser

66020305

So honestly, this is not a book I'd normally read. at all.
But this is not a book you can classify in any type of genre, honestly. It's such a unique book, that it really is a one of its kind.

Discovering Leigh. is definitely a book that I really struggle to put into words. It’s NOT just about BDSM and the laws and theory behind it. It is a book full of emotional conflict, questioning the mold society sets for you, discovering yourself and understanding your world better.

Gerry creates a world where characters are relatable, understandable, and likeable. Not only can I see into the heads of the characters, I can also understand how and why they make the decisions they make.
The part I love the most is the fact that his characters are completely human. Their good sides, and bad sides are put on display, and where you usually cringe when you see the flaws of the characters, in this book you love them.

The book is not overly romantic. But it’s a beautiful romance novel. The way you fall in love, the way you start loving someone, the way you lie to yourself and the way you become honest with yourself is really well captured in this book, which makes it so special to me.

As the book progresses, Leigh (obviously) discovers aspects about herself and she becomes comfortable with these new discoveries. You can see how it starts to influence her whole life, how she changes in small ways and eventually, she has to undergo the ultimate test to see if she stays true to herself.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Discovering Leigh..

April 9, 2018 – Started Reading