Katrina Passick Lumsden's Reviews > Legend

Legend by Jude Deveraux

1964146
Nov 14, 2011

it was ok

I don't really know what to say about this book. While in the midst of the first half, I thought for sure I'd end up giving this book at least three stars. The second half, however, with its constantly repeating phrases and sentiments, its weak plot, and its sappy dialogue, just sort of annoyed me. Even the premise became ridiculous. I like sci-fi fantasy type stuff, but this wasn't well-written time-travel fantasy. The main protagonist did things in the past that would have resulted in some serious changes to the present, yet it was treated as almost a non-issue. It has a Happily-Ever-After ending which comes at the expense of all reason. Kady herself is just plain irritating (zero self-esteem and no spine), and Tarik's behavior changes so quickly the reader is left not understanding his motives. I couldn't tell if he was interested in Kady or just trying to use her, which didn't breed a lot of sympathy for the character.

Legend started off decent and somewhat interesting, but then spiraled down into a mess of confusing characters and incomprehensible motives.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legend.

November 14, 2011 – Started Reading
November 14, 2011 – Shelved
November 14, 2011 –
0.0% "My mom handed this to me soo...meh, why not? I've always liked me some time travel."
November 15, 2011 – Finished Reading