Stephanie's Reviews > The Diary of a Young Girl

The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank

Nov 14, 2011

Read in May, 2003

The Diary of Anne Frank is a very detailed journal of what she went through during the Holocaust and how she was able to deal with things when they were in hiding. This story is very touching, because it is non fiction and many understand what was happening in the world at that time period. Although Anne Frank did not make it out alive she still brought many people together through her journal and made the world understand the hardships that many faced during the Nazi rein. One of the most significant things to me in the book was when she had a crush on the boy from the other family that was in hiding with them. She wrote about their relationship development in her journal which is how most teenagers act in todays world, but she still found happiness in the worst of times. I learned how to express myself in my nonfiction pieces better after reading this. I found it easier to add how I was feeling at a specific time as well as decribing why I would do things a certain way in my stories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Diary of a Young Girl.