Erin's Reviews > The Murder of Roger Ackroyd

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie

bookshelves: agatha-christie, series, library-borrowed, 1001-books
Recommended for: mystery readers

5 bloody brilliant stars

Number #9 in my Agatha Christie Challenge this year. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd definitely my favorite Hercule Poiriot mystery(so far). Agatha Christie once again leads readers to a small English community where EVERYONE has a motive and open windows and locked doors make this the kind of mystery that needs our favorite Belgian detective. Our story is narrated by local doctor, Dr. James Sheppard who lives next to Poiriot and soon finds himself as the Watson to the Belgian's Holmes. I do believe that A.C. might just have created my favorite literary character cast as I found each of them utterly delightful. Although Caroline Sheppard is perhaps my favorite!

Highly recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Murder of Roger Ackroyd.

April 8, 2018 – Started Reading
April 8, 2018 – Shelved
April 8, 2018 – Shelved as: agatha-christie
April 8, 2018 – Shelved as: series
April 8, 2018 – Shelved as: library-borrowed
April 8, 2018 – Finished Reading
June 26, 2018 – Shelved as: 1001-books

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Tras Read this last summer and "brilliant" was how I described it too <3

message 2: by Dave (new)

Dave Haven’t cracked open an “Agatha” yet, but it sounds interesting

Erin Tras, I have most of her books are the perfect fit between ARCs.

Erin Dave, I never read an A.C. until 2017. They are pretty darn addicting!

Tras Erin wrote: "Tras, I have most of her books are the perfect fit between ARCs."

I tend to go through phases with books. Like, last year, I had a desire to read the Poirot's and Miss Marple's from the beginning. Read the first 6 or so of both series then felt the need to read something else. I've thoroughly enjoyed every Agatha Christie that I've read though.