Julie (jjmachshev)'s Reviews > Thigh High

Thigh High by Christina Dodd

Jun 02, 2008

bookshelves: 2008-reads
Read in June, 2008

When I buy a new book by Christina Dodd, I know it's going to be an enjoyable read. I like her historicals, and when she began contemporaries I was a little leery, but once I read one...I was hooked. Her latest "Thigh High" is an exciting blend of passionate romance, humor, and a light mystery to boot!

Nessa is a heroine to enjoy. She's always tried to do the right thing and her soft heart has really only let her down once. Since the death of her parents, she's lived with her eccentric aunts in one of New Orlean's famous Garden District houses. She struggles to help her aunts and try to keep up with the maintenance on the great house by working doggedly at a local bank for a real $itch of a boss all the employees call Stephabeast who hates Nessa.

Mac is a miserable, scarred businessman who lives for money and power. He's come to New Orleans to solve the mystery of the Beaded Bandits who rob one of his New Orleans banks for minimal amounts once a year during Mardi Gras. As far as he's concerned, it's not the amounts, it's the fact that it's stealing. No grey area here. He's also sure that Nessa MUST be involved.

Seeing these two together is like waiting and watching for the train wreck. You know it's gonna happen, it's just a matter of time. And man...is it sizzling once it does!! They're both lying to each other and each is trying to negotiate their way through a relationship.

I enjoyed Nessa and Mac. I loved the Beaded Bandits. The live-in transvestite was a hoot and I could almost feel the electricity of Mardi Gras. The ending left the probability of a follow-on book and I can hardly wait!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thigh High.

03/16 marked as: read

message 1: by Auntee (new) - added it

Auntee Darn it...yet another one for the mountain! :)