chrissy's Reviews > Some Boys

Some Boys by Patty Blount

U 50x66

bookshelves: seventh-grade, format-ebook, read-in-2018, borrowed-library, favorites-2018, favorites, 5-stars

If you have not read this yet, I HIGHLY advise that you do so, and as soon as you get the chance to do so.

I can't begin to explain how powerful this was for me, not to mention how real and raw it is on every level possible. It also shows the different labels that are put on girls and how untrue they are to the people that receive those labels, in addition to how those labels being put on them effects them as well as their everyday life.

This is as close to perfect any book I have read has ever gotten, however, there is a very minor flaw that made me take down my original five-star rating, but only by .25ths of a star, this very minor flaw being the unrealistic ending that was easy to predict was a turn off for me, considering how realistic as well as unpredictable the rest of the story was.

I don't know what else to say about Some Boys except that it is such a powerful read that, if you haven't read, you NEED to, and ASAP.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Boys.

April 4, 2018 – Started Reading