Christie Cote's Reviews > Vengeance

bookshelves: favorites, own
Read on December 13, 2011

Vengeance by Michelle Madow
★★★★★

Vengeance is a short story that is the next installment in the Transcended Time Saga.

Chelsea had her heart broken by Drew, the guy she loved and her best friend, Lizzie. She desperately wanted Drew back but at the same time desired revenge. Since she had nothing to lose she made a new friendship with Shannon since Lizzie was her only close friend. Shannon’s aunt had told her that someone at her school would experience what Chelsea just did. The aunt told her to bring that person to her. She told Chelsea that she had a past life. Chelsea thought she was crazy until she saw some of the images from the past in her head. She wasn’t sure what to believe especially because of how crazy it sounded. Chelsea had to decide whether to believe what the aunt had told her and accept the help she had offered or seek revenge on her own.

I devoured this short story in one sitting. When I turned the last page, I couldn’t believe it was over. It left me wanting more. It was a great story but I hate that it was so short. That could be why I don’t read short stories very much because they are over too fast.

Michelle Madow had me enchanted again with her stunning story. Her words flowed beautifully on the pages, painting a vivid image of every scene. It gave me a feeling of being right there in the story.

I liked that she wrote this one in Chelsea’s point of view so you could see what she was feeling and how Drew being with Lizzie affected her. I enjoy seeing other perspectives and getting to know other important characters on a deeper level. I get to know the characters better that way, which also makes them seem more real.

I loved this short story and will be highly anticipating the next book in the series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vengeance.