Seraphia's Reviews > Within The Darkest Hollows

Within The Darkest Hollows by D.A. Roach

F 50x66

bookshelves: angels, demons, fiction, magic, paranormal, supernatural, ya
Read 2 times. Last read April 7, 2018 to April 8, 2018.

Cassidy is back and the fight continues. The ring that she has treasured all her life is found to be the ring that Rya has sought for years. After their last encounter with the demons, Killian has been left hurt and unable to return to the Clan because he cannot crossover. He has started acting strange and when Cassidy goes to get help he disappears. Tyler turns up saying that Killian showed up at his house saying he wanted to talk to Rya. The alarm bells are going off that something is truly wrong, but getting Killian help will not be easy. The danger is closing in around them and with the numbers of the Clan down, hope is not high but they must try if they wish to succeed at all.
Within the Darkest Hollows by D.A. Roach is book two in her The Demon Hunters Series. For me, this book is a step above the first book. There are more action, drama and more characters given than in the first book. I like that the author seems to have hit her stride and that she totally rocks with it in this book. We get to see some of the fightings ourselves instead of just being told that a fight happened and that now others are recovering. There are some surprise elements thrown in that I feel really help make this book even better. I like that the author tells more of Tyler's story in this book as well. We get his backstory, and Cassidy is really put to the test as well.
There isn't much that I don't like about this book. I will point out that there are some minor editorial issues of either some misplaced punctuation or a couple of misspelled words, but nothing major. I like that this book is more intense than the first and that it brings a lot of action. I will admit that I get a bit annoyed with Cassidy at one point in the story, but I like that the author gets her to pull through with the help of Killian.
I am rating this book 5 out of 5 stars. The author does an exceptional job with this book. There is tons of action and less setting the stage. I like that some more characters are brought in, new and old. I'm looking forward to reading the next book in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Within The Darkest Hollows.

Finished Reading