Kate Rock's Reviews > Louisiana Catch

Louisiana Catch by Sweta Srivastava Vikram

Remarkable and brilliant. 5 stars from this award winning and best selling author, Sweta Vikram.

A women's spiritual and profound journey of healing, teaching, supporting and Empowerment that is emotional, raw and enchanting.

Ahana is a wealthy 33 year old women from New Delhi. She flees her home after the death of her mother and her dark past to take on a project in New Orleans, one where she will coordinate a huge conference to raise awareness of violence against women, her passion.
She meets a interesting co-worker with an irreverent sense of humor and he helps her build her online persona. Seeking relief from pain and grief she joins an online support group and meets Jason, also grieving the death of his mother.

This novel hits at the perfect time in our world where living in a digital world while we deal with human rights issues, violence against women, surviving abuse, forging friendships, love and living life where sometimes where personas get blurred on the waves of the online world.

We see Ahana struggle to find whom and where to trust. How to deal with shame and insecurities and rise and forge the journey to healing. Yoga is a big part of this healing, and we get some beautiful insight and magnificent perspective.

Intruguing and enchanting characters doesn't begin to describe the people in Ahana's world. The detail, the emotion and "all the feels" are in this novel. I'm blown away by it and I will be for some time. I will highly recommend this to friends, family, Book clubs, any groups of women seeking healing from grief, pain, abuse or just the need to feel supported (don't we all). Sweta Vikram is and will continue to be a voice for women.
5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Louisiana Catch.

Finished Reading