R. Brennan's Reviews > The P.U.R.E.

The P.U.R.E. by Claire Gillian

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, friendsbooks, reviewed

I've never been much of a fan of the contemporary romances or any type of Mystery/suspense, so I wasn't entirely sure how much I would enjoy this debut novel when I received the Advance Copy in my review email. As an avid reader of historicals and fantasy novels, I was curious to see if this one would really hold my interest in the same way as those types of stories generally do.

I was pleasantly surprised by The P.U.R.E. Not only did I enjoy the book alot more than I had expected, I actually finished the novel in a day. That is how good it was. I couldn't tell you the last time I have done that -- even with a fantasy novel.

Ms. Gillian does a stellar job of drawing the reader in from the first page and keeping them hooked throughout the story. The main character, Gayle Lindley is smart and sassy, definitely not a simpering sort by any stretch, and I just loved that about her. Her love interest in the novel, her co-worker, Jon Cripps is the perfect blend of mysterious and sexy.

The best thing about this novel for me, was the fact that the mystery was so well written. I didn't know who the bad guy reallyw as until the last chapter, despite "thinking" I knew far before that. Some great twists and turns in this one.

Even with all that suspense and mystery, Ms Gillian still finds the time to woo us with some steamy hot love scenes and fabulous descriptive writing.

A must read for anyone who enjoys suspense peppered with a hearty helping of romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The P.U.R.E..

November 14, 2011 – Shelved