Janelle's Reviews > The Beetle

The Beetle by Richard Marsh

F 50x66
Nov 14, 2011

Richard Marsh's "The Beetle" starts as an amazing mysterious novel based on a evil thing "born of neither god nor man" in pursuit of pointless revenge. There were parts in this novel that I considered very extraordinary in the way he wrote the piece. I was able to apply numerous theories to interpret this reading such as , formalism, deconstruction, race, marxism and so on! Though I did not read this book on my own free will, but for a class requirement I ended up being thankful for Marsh's work. Though I'm not to fond of gods and goddess. What stood out from his work was his boldness to use different elements. The confusing part of the story was that he left his audience in the dark because in the end we never understand what happen to this demonic creature known as the Beetle. As a writer, unless I am going to continue with a series I will not leave my readers dumbfounded searching for what is next. The last chapter was the very rushed and it told everything that happened that could have been shown instead.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Beetle.