Gaby's Reviews > A Midsummer Night's Sin

Nov 14, 2011

bookshelves: adult, romance, historical, rr-challenge-2012, read-2012
Read from February 01 to 04, 2012

Posted at Oh My Books!

I read the first book from the Blackthorn Brothers series, The Taming of the Rake, and loved it! So I had to continue reading this series, and I'm not disappointed :P

Robin Puck Blackthorn is the sexy brother. Gorgeous, fun and just relaxed, he wants to be accepted in the London society as he was accepted in France. Of course, he's going to need a little help. But what he doesn't need is to fall in love with beautiful and young Regina.

Regina is young and doesn't feel very beautiful. Her own cousin tell her she looks like she's ready. She knows her father is going to sell her to someone with a title, but she wish to enjoy at least one night without anyone knowing it's her. So when her cousin invites her to a masked dance, she's in. But she wasn't her cousin to be abducting and Puck, a gorgeous man, to help her find her.

I really liked this romance. Puck and Regina where made for each other, and they knew it without any doubt. Regina was very mature and Puck, much older than her, was a little bit childish but fun. The only obstacle was Regina's father, who was a very bad man. I was kind of scared of him, I don't know how Regina and her mother could live with him.

I think it was a little bit obvious who was guilty from Regina's cousin abduction. But still, I wasn't sure the author was going to involve family in this mess. Still, it was interesting and I loved the new characters.

Overall, I can't wait to read the next book, Much Ado About Rogues. Puck's older brother, Jack, seems to be so dark!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Midsummer Night's Sin.