Ns's Reviews > Nephilim Genesis of Evil

Nephilim Genesis of Evil by Renee Pawlish

Nov 13, 2011

Read in November, 2011

Nephilim Genesis of Evil is a paranormal thriller that kept me on edge and gave me chills. The storyline is original and interesting and there is a well-rounded cast of characters. There is a fair amount of suspense that builds throughout the story and which foreshadows the evil set to be unleashed.

The main character, Rory Callahan is drawn to the town of Taylor Crossing. He soon realizes that his connection to the town is a complex one with a history that spans over a hundred years. There are supernatural evil forces at work and his existence plays an important role in fulfilling a prophesy. Rory is a realistic character whose reactions to situations is common to what many people would do. This means, he's not a perfect protagonist. He has fears, makes mistakes and can be illogical. The realistic element does balance the supernatural events. Several other perspectives are introduced and I appreciated them for giving different looks at the story.

The suspense is what kept me most interested. I wanted to know who was next and what other turn of events awaited Rory, Anna, Myrtle and the others. Therefore it seems fitting that the ending left me in a bit in suspense. I'm left wondering what the future of Taylor Crossing is. On an aside, whatever did happen to Travis?

It's a great paranormal thriller with an original premise.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nephilim Genesis of Evil.