Darcy's Reviews > Prey

Nov 13, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2011, audio-book, romance
Read from November 13 to 16, 2011

I am not a camper/hunter/outdoors man at all and I have to say that after reading this book that will never, ever change. I realize that animals in general rarely act like the bear in this book, but still, it was too much for me.

I was surprised by how much of a character the bear became. It was so bad, that it out villained most normal villains.

I was also surprised that Dare managed to win me over. I thought like Angie at the start of the book, that he was an ass and that he stole her business. He might not have meant to, but you know the saying about the road being paved with good intentions. I think the circumstances that Dare and Angie found themselves in lead to their romance. By being dependent on Dare, Angie was forced to see him in a new light instead of her own perceptions. Their getting to know each other, for me, was the best part of the book. They were forced into intimacies that allowed them to really get to know each other.

The trip back to civilization went about the way I thought it would. You knew the bear would make another appearance and things would happen the way they did.

I liked hearing the ending, that Dare and Angie got their HEA, and are still able to do what they love.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prey.

11/14/2011
40.0% "The bear in the story is worse than any villain I have read about."