Julie's Reviews > Roam: A Novel with Music

Roam by Alan Lazar

The book is from the POV of Nelson and while it is fiction, it is nice (for me) to believe that my dogs feel for me what Nelson feels for his Great Love. My biggest fear has always been the loss of a dog so mine have tags and micro chips - all that jazz. The adventures of Nelson, while harrowing, show what perseverance a strong spirit can bring.

Another very interesting aspect of this book is that is has MS Tags throughout. The first time author is a composer and has written music specifically for the book. At certain points in the book, a tag will be on the page. If you have a smart phone - scan the tag - and music to accompany the section begins to play. I thought this added a nice feeling to the book - another sense included in the reading experience.

If you love dogs - I highly recommend this book. It will not disappoint.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Roam.

November 13, 2011 – Shelved
November 23, 2011 – Started Reading
November 26, 2011 –
page 336
100.0% "I LOVE this book!! I read about it in on one of my book newsletters. It said it had a happy ending (or else I could not read it) and it did. Still made me cry but in a good way. For those of you who love dogs and especially those of you who have a close bond with a dog(s) - this is a must read."
November 26, 2011 – Finished Reading