Elfira's Reviews > To Kill a Mockingbird

April 3, 2018 – Started Reading
April 3, 2018 – Shelved
April 3, 2018 –
page 26
6.91% "Off to a good start. I like this Jean Louise and how this 6 year old girl uses words like battles and tribes."
page 79
21.01% "Atticus told me to delete the adjectives and I’d have the facts."
page 85
22.61% "Mr. Avert said it was written on the Rosetta Stone that when children disobeyed their parents, smoked cigarettes and made war on each other, the seasons would change: Jem and I were burdened with the guilt of contributing to the aberrations of nature, thereby causing unhappiness to our neighbors and discomfort to ourselves."
page 119
31.65% "Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit ‘em, but remember it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird."
page 211
56.12% "Oh, Scout, oh, Dill, such an entertainer 🤣"
page 221
58.78% "Thanks to all readers before me who ask and explain the meaning of entailment and champertous connivance."
page 226
60.11% "With his infinite capacity for calming turbulent seas, he could make a rape case as dry as a sermon."
April 10, 2018 –
page 289
76.86% "Thank you, Miss Maudie, for giving us this perspective. 😭"
April 12, 2018 –
page 307
81.65% "Ladies in bunches always filled me with vague apprehension and a firm desire to be elsewhere, but this feeling was what Aunt Alexandra called being “spoiled”.

Don’t listen to your aunty, Scout, I’m with you on this one."
April 14, 2018 – Finished Reading