Ang (Sizzling Pages)'s Reviews > The Secret Thief

The Secret Thief by Nina Lane

bookshelves: arc, favorites
Read 2 times. Last read March 30, 2018.

The Secret Thief is now my favorite fairy tale. Nina Lane has outdone herself by gifting me, her fans, and all lovers of romance an incredible story brimming with desire, love, sorrow, and joy. An emotional plot that had my heart bursting as I experienced this couple's beautiful journey to love, as well as anxious to unearth all secrets and deceptions. As always, Lane managed to touch my soul through her eloquent prose, as she created a fantastical world that consumed me. Once I stepped inside Flynn and Eve's lives, I never wanted to leave the quaint coastal town of Castille and mourned the loss of these characters when reaching this story's end. My only comfort will be to revisit them from time to time to get my fill.

My heart ached for both main characters seeing their struggles and discovering the excruciatingly painful secrets which haunted them. Eve Perrin was a broken woman; A victim who unfairly shouldered the blame for a sin that was beyond her control. Betrayed, defeated and humiliated by her ruthless former lover (a real dirtbag of a man), this once shining star professor of art history at UCLA was shunned by the academic community and as a result, her career and reputation destroyed. Seeking refuge, Eve fled California to start life anew in Maine, moving into the ramshackle home she inherited from her late Uncle Max. Unfortunately, Eve was unable to piece her life back together and shed the stigma of her past as she faced hurdles and danger at every turn.

I adored Eve. She was a heroine who possessed immeasurable strength, despite feeling weak and powerless. She was soft-spoken yet feisty in her determination to break through Flynn's emotional walls, regardless of her relationship fears and trust issues. Her character was sweet, kindhearted and compassionate ~ undeserving of being mistreated by so many. I wanted to scream, fight and right all the many wrongs she endured at the hands of her betrayer, certain townspeople, and her louse of a mother. Fortunately for Eve (and for my troubled heart), an unlikely hero came to her rescue. The enigmatic and aloof town recluse, Flynn Averton. What began as an electrifying chance encounter led to a job offer that changed both their lives for the better. A friendship that blossomed into one of the most passion-filled and heartwarming romances I have ever read. Their undeniable connection was powerful, intense, and off the charts HOT. I relished every moment spent watching this couple break through barriers, strive to heal each other's deep-rooted wounds, and fall hopelessly in love.

I instantly fell for the broody and mysterious, sexy lighthouse keeper, Flynn ~ a secretive man who purposefully chose to live in isolation, ravaged by guilt and riddled with demons. His pain made me weep. The ideal hero for Eve, Flynn tended to all of her needs by transforming into someone worthy of love and trust, while helping her regain self-confidence. He was the perfectly flawed and anguished knight in shining armor who in the end, found salvation through Eve's gentleness, undying love, and dedication. I loved how his character unraveled to reveal the beauty which lived in his heart.

Exceptionally written, this time in the first-person narrative, The Secret Thief was a remarkably touching read that will stay with me for a very long time. Once again, Nina Lane overwhelmed me with another emotional romance laced with loads of passion, mystery, angst, and heart touching moments. My love for this tale rivals that of Lane's Spiral of Bliss Series ~ that's how much Eve and Flynn's journey moved me. A definite ten star must read that I wholeheartedly recommend.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of this publication

10+++ Stars
Amazing, emotional, passionate - everything I love about this author's tales, and a fantastic romance, lives within the pages of Lane's new tale.
review in progress, but know this is a must read!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Thief.

Finished Reading
Started Reading
March 30, 2018 – Finished Reading
April 3, 2018 – Shelved
April 3, 2018 – Shelved as: arc
April 3, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

~ Cariad ~ Wow, beautiful review Ang, so happy this was a winner for you 😘

Ang (Sizzling Pages) ~ Cariad ~ wrote: "Wow, beautiful review Ang, so happy this was a winner for you 😘"

Thanks, Cariad. I was due for a good one ;)

~ Cariad ~ I think I'll start with this one, Ang - thanks for the rec ❤️