Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)'s Reviews > Epic Fail

Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik

Nov 12, 2011

bookshelves: 2011-reads
Read in December, 2011

I simply loved this book. Period. No More No less. :)

Contrast to its title Epic Fail , this one is an Epic Win! for me. It's a great modern rendition of Pride and Prejudice that has kept its own identity separate from the old classic. Its a great re-imagined version or counterpart to the classic love story of the headstrong and opinionated Elizabeth Bennet and the intimidating, aloof,and handsome Mr. Darcy which was retold in a modern day setting of outrageous teens with the characters Elise Benton and Derek Edwards.

Though its just a retold story it seems to be a different one. A typical person who doesn't have a clue about the story of Pride and Prejudice would never think this is a retold story to that one. The author seems to bring out something new through the structure of Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy's life and that what makes me love it more.

Its a typical lovey-dovey kind of read, Yes, but i really do enjoyed it. It was funny and sweet. The characters are well flourised. It consists of all the classic argues present to a typical high school relationships. It was a beautifully written novel and I can't really deny the fact that i do really love the story of Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy, its a simple one yet full of love, happiness and trials and as i've said often time i'm a sucker for happy endings and stuffs :) So, yea. ♥

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Epic Fail.

Aria the Blue Fairy Epic WIN it is! One of my favorites!! :)

Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts) Sandeelovesbooks wrote: "Epic WIN it is! One of my favorites!! :)"

It is also one of my favorites! hehehe. :) Do you also like the original Pride and Prejudice thing? btw. Thanks for liking my review about Epic Fail. :)

Aria the Blue Fairy No problem. :)

Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts) Sandeelovesbooks wrote: "No problem. :)
I liked it but to tell you honestly I have had a hard time reading the book. Hahaha. But I liked Pride and Prejudice still."

Me too, i really find it hard cause im not really into classic reads. I much prefer the movies of those classics. haha. But still, Mr. Darcy is just gaaaa! :))

Aria the Blue Fairy Mr. Darcy is just.. I dunno.. Charming in his own way! :D

Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts) Sandeelovesbooks wrote: "Mr. Darcy is just.. I dunno.. Charming in his own way! :D

Exactly why I still loved it despite not understanding the book most of the time. I had to reread most of it, embarassing to say. hahaha."

Good For you! Me, i lose the guts to continue reading it and ended up wtaching its movie instead. hehe. So are you into classics or more on the contemporary or chiclit type? *hoping to share book recommendations with youuu. :)

Aria the Blue Fairy I'm more into chick lits that classics. They give me a headache. Hahaha. I look forward to talk more about books with you. Will wait for your other reviews. :))