Nikki (Saturday Nite Reader)'s Reviews > Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis

I’ll be honest: I am not one for self-help books. After my sister read this one, she called me and told me I “just had to read it.” So I listened to her.

Each chapter addresses a lie we tell ourselves; such as Something Else Will Make Me Happy, I’ll Start Tomorrow, I’m Better Than You, I Should be Further Along by Now, and There’s Only One Right Way to Be.

I related to a few of the stories and some I did not, but I didn’t skip those sections. Here’s why: the stories offered perspective. Although I might not relate, I still had something to learn by listening to what someone else may be going through.

The messaging isn’t profound; its stuff we already know, but need to be reminded of. The messaging’s strong suit is that it offers you time for reflection.

It’s a quick read, and I recommend you dive in and experience what the buzz is all about.

Here are a few of my favorite quotes from the book:

Lie: No is the Final Answer
“You are a warrior because of the trials you are going through, but don’t you dare squander the strength you have earned just because the acquisition of it was painful.”

Lie: I Should Be Further Along by Now
“When you force yourself to admit to all the things you have accomplished, you’ll realize that it’s wrong to be so hard on yourself for all the things you haven’t.”

Lie: I Can’t Tell the Truth
“I want you to see someone who kept showing up again and again, even when it was tearing her apart.”

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley for my honest review.

To read my full reviews visit: www.saturdaynitereader.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girl, Wash Your Face.

April 2, 2018 – Shelved
page 154
October 17, 2018 – Shelved as: read-2018
October 17, 2018 – Finished Reading
October 27, 2018 – Shelved as: non-fiction

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Basic B's Guide Planning to read this next month.