LilyElement's Reviews > To Seize a Wayward Spirit

To Seize a Wayward Spirit by R.L. Naquin

bookshelves: 2018, audiobook, djinn, urban-fantasy, audiobook-2018

To Seize a Wayward Spirit is book 2 in the Djinn Haven series. This is a spin off series from the Monster Haven books. I meant to grab this when it was released but I'm glad my library had the audiobook so I could try it out in that format. I really wound up enjoying the book and will have to grab the next one in audio.

Kam and the gang are on the road trying to capture the 17 souls that got loose in the previous book. While they're tracking one down they get assigned to a case of a dead banshee and wind up finding several suspicious deaths that they think are linked. I wound up loving this novel it revolves around a cosplay convention, if you're familiar with Comic Con it's similar to that. Anyway, the cosplay contestants seem to be getting picked off one by one and Kam and the gang have to figure out why and who's behind it.

To Seize a Wayward Spirit was an entertaining read full of different paranormal beings. I can't wait to see what new beings we see in the next book. I love that our leading lady is a djinn, and really wish more authors would have djinn books out. I adore R.L. Naquin's writing and am eagerly awaiting the next installment. If you're a fan of fun reads with unique paranormal beings with a dash of mystery you need to try this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Seize a Wayward Spirit.

April 2, 2018 – Started Reading