Luffy's Reviews > The Storyteller

The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult

Read 2 times. Last read April 2, 2018 to April 5, 2018.

Jodi Picoult is an author who constantly challenges herself and now has undertaken the events of WW2 to segue her usual bone chilling plots and make an amalgam of sorts.

The names of the characters in books generally are not only necessary, but they are also revelatory. Sage is a young woman who has a troubled past and carries enough baggage to qualify as an alcoholic. Only she doesn't.

I liked the main characters. One bonus fact is that there are no overwhelming flashbacks in this book. Jodi Picoult uses her unique writing style to weave a persistent and apprehending magic, intuiting that there are many more books in the pipeline.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Storyteller.

Finished Reading
April 2, 2018 – Started Reading
April 2, 2018 – Shelved
April 5, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Shabneez (new)

Shabneez I liked the book too but wasn't okay with the ending. Imo, everyone deserves forgiveness, don't u think? Josef went to pains to try and get that. Sage's actions in the end was cruel. It's all about being the better person and she wasn't.

Luffy Shabneez wrote: "I liked the book too but wasn't okay with the ending. Imo, everyone deserves forgiveness, don't u think? Josef went to pains to try and get that. Sage's actions in the end was cruel. It's all about..."

In the past, people were a bit too stingy with kindness. It's only recently that opinions like yours (and mine) had any relevance. I was reading a non fiction book recently, and it claimed that there was one tribesman who killed himself because his wife had stolen his hoard of tobacco. So, in the past people were ready to kill themselves, not just others.

Luffy Ana wrote: "Sounds interesting."

I don't think you need to bump it to your top of the tbr.