Robin Loves Reading's Reviews > The Night Stalker

The Night Stalker by Robert Bryndza

bookshelves: 2018-challenge, kindle, netgalley, october-december-2018

Please see all of my reviews on my blog at https://www.robinlovesreading.com.

Anyone who has read this book will not soon forget this line from the blurb, repeated for emphasis, If the Night Stalker is watching, you're already dead...

When Detective Erika Foster approaches a gruesome murder scene, she senses that this may just be the beginning of a pattern. Her instincts are right on target, as another body is soon discovered, and it appears he has died under the exact same circumstances. Erika and her team work vigorously while striving to find out the facts, only to realize that a very calculating serial killer is at large.

One of the very first things Erika must determine is what these dead men have in common. What’s more is that they seem to have secretive pasts. How very odd.

The Night Stalker is a harrowing story, full of twists and turns. The deeper Erika and her team investigate, the more gruesome facts they discover. This book cleverly divides time between the investigation while also allowing readers to see into the crazed killer’s mind and motivations.

I am reading this series in the wrong order. I read book six, and am now reading this book, so it is very interesting to learn more about Erika and her tragic past. This goes a long way as to help me to see what drives her. Learning about Erika’s devastating loss of her husband was quite difficult to read.

One really harrowing scene results from a bone-chilling phone call Erika received. If the suspense wasn’t already top-notch, this really ratcheted this book up. This story is definitely compelling. When I was forced to take a break, I realized that I had listened to 50% of the book. During my next sit down, I devoured the rest of it. As I reached the heart-stopping conclusion, I could barely take a breath!

If I ever have a chance to gain control of my toppling TBR pile, I would definitely like to read this entire series in order. This is the second book in the Detective Erika Foster series. The first book is The Girl in the Ice. The following books are Dark Water, Last Breath, Cold Blood and Deadly Secrets, which I read and reviewed last April.

This book was originally released on June 2, 2016.

Many thanks to Grand Central Publishing and to NetGalley for this ARC for review. This is my honest opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Stalker.

April 1, 2018 – Shelved