01annak's Reviews > The Perfect Christmas

The Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber

F 50x66
Nov 12, 2011

Read in November, 2011

It's only the beginning of November, but I am already feeling the Christmas spirit!!!! I decided to read "The Perfect Christmas" by Debbie Macomber because I love Christmas so much. This book was so amazing!!

Cassie is 33 and wants a husband and family. She has dated lots of guys and even tried the Internet. When her friend tells her about a matchmaker named Simon, she decides to go to him. She pays him $30,000 in the hope of finding a husband. Simon matches her with John. Before she can meet him, she must complete 3 tasks: 1. Be a charity bell-ringer. 2. Dress up as an elf for the kids that see Santa. 3. Make turkey dinner for her neighbors (whom she dislikes). She ends up with a perfect Christmas with the perfect man.

I really liked the romance in this book, but I also liked that it took place at Christmastime. On page 152 it says, "Her apartment looked christmassy, thanks primarily to her brother's tree." This really helped me to imagine what was happening in the story. I loved the setting. I don't think it could take place in another setting and still be the same.

The main problem in this book is that Cassie is trying to find a husband. She is already 33, and is jealous of all her married friends. She finally finds Simon, a professional matchmaker. I think that it's crazy that she would spend $30,000 on finding a husband! I only like happy books, and so of course this book turned out good if I liked it so much.

I recommend this book to people who like Christmastime and people who like love stories. I think that this book is worthwhile to read. It's easy and fast to read too. If you liked this book you might also like the book "Santa Maybe" by Aubrey Mace.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Christmas.