Audrey's Reviews > Seven Days of You

Seven Days of You by Cecilia Vinesse

bookshelves: read-2018

“And the only thing I knew how to do was to hold on as tightly as possible and count every single second until I reached the last one. The one I dreaded most.
Sudden, violent, final.
The end.”

*3.5/5

I don't have that many thoughts about this book, so instead of writing a full-length review (which I will probably just be super repetitive), I will just write a short one here, and hopefully, none of you will mind.

This book was a fun, cute contemporary romance book. It gave me huge "The Sun Is Also A Star" vibes with the fact that this book takes place over the course of a week. I don't think this book is as good, however. I felt the instalove was too much, and it was a pretty random relationship. The short time frame made the romance and relationships better, but also somewhat unrealistic. I don't think that such a powerful and strong relationship could happen so quickly.

I find it weird that in one scene, Sophia absolutely despises Jamie. But then, fast forward a little later, she starts to fall deeply in love with Jamie. (?) I'm not sure if it's just me, but that is like major instalove. I've never been super against it since it always seems to happen in books, but like this situation was terrible instalove.

I don't really have anything else to say, but the character development is fine. Nothing was amazing about this book, but there wasn't anything particularly terrible either. The plot was okay, and it developed too.

Yeah, I don't have that much to say about this book. It was okay for the most part, besides the terrible instalove. The ending was pretty bittersweet, which definitely increased my engagement in the story. So do I recommend this? Probably not. It will definitely never make any of my favorites list or anything, but it was worth my time and the reading experience was pleasant.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seven Days of You.

March 31, 2018 – Started Reading
March 31, 2018 – Shelved
March 31, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
March 31, 2018 – Finished Reading
April 8, 2018 – Shelved as: read-2018

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Sylvie This ending was bittersweet tho. 😢

Audrey Sylvie wrote: "This ending was bittersweet tho. 😢"

Yeah, I agree :(