Victoria's Reviews > The Iron Queen

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Nov 12, 2011

bookshelves: faerie-tales, the-iron-fey

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Queen.

Quotes Victoria Liked

Julie Kagawa
“But ... but what if I hit you?”
A snort. “You’re not going to hit me.”
“How do you know?” I bristled at his amused tone. “I could hit you. Even master swordsmen make mistakes. I could get a lucky shot, or you might not see me coming. I don’t want to hurt you.”
He favored me with another patient look. “And how much experience do you have with swords and weapons in general?”
“Um.” I glanced down at the saber in my hand. “Thirty seconds?”
He smiled, that calm, irritatingly confident smirk. “You’re not going to hit me.”

Julie Kagawa
“Looks like nobody’s home,” Puck said, turning in a slow circle. “Hellooooooooo? Anybody here?”

“Be quiet, Goodfellow,” Ash growled, peering into the shadows with narrowed eyes. “We’re not alone.”

“Yeah? How do you figure that, prince? I don’t see anyone.”

“The cait sith has disappeared.”

“ … Crap.”

Julie Kagawa
“My name is Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn, third son of the Unseelie Court...Let it be known--from this day forth, I vow to protect Meghan Chase, daughter of the Summer King, with my sword, my honor, and my life. Her desires are mine. Her wishes are mine. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own existence be forfeit. This I swear, on my honor, my True Name, and my life. From this day on..." His voice went even softer, but I still heard it as though he whispered it into my ear. "I am yours.”

Julie Kagawa
“It's not everyday I get to tell someone I was attacked by a pair of flying reading glasses. Ow"

Julie Kagawa
“You enjoy making my heart stop, don't you?”

Julie Kagawa
“I was allergic to myself! How pathetic was that?”

November 12, 2011 – Shelved
December 28, 2011 – Shelved as: faerie-tales
April 15, 2012 – Started Reading
page 120
page 130
33.85% "The vow asdfghjkl *ugly tears*"
page 275