C.G. Drews's Reviews > The Weight of the Stars

The Weight of the Stars by K. Ancrum

bookshelves: contemporary, young-adult, read-2019

I'm always very emotional about K. Ancrum books (The Wicker King having filled my whole soul in ways I very much needed) and I definitely finished this one feeling messy and complicated. I really really like the very last chapter and I have hope. TWK was about clinging desperately to what you love (which means a lot to me), but TWOTS is about leaving, which I confess does leave me in ruins. That's not a criticism of the book! I recommend everything this author writes because these books are different, beautiful, and manages to burrow into your heart and make you feel things.

I loved the writing and the characters, always. There is something special and talented and raw in the way this book is crafted and I appreciate that.

I would 10/10 die for Ryann and James and Charlie.

"On the first day...even on the first day, you were so angry and luminous and demanding. You looked like...the whole world was built just so that you could walk on it. Who could look away from that? Who would want to?"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Weight of the Stars.

March 31, 2018 – Shelved
March 31, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
December 12, 2019 – Started Reading
December 12, 2019 –
page 100
26.04% "I would straight up die for James and his baby."
December 12, 2019 –
page 209
54.43% "every time there is a mention of the wicker king, i straight up die and i love it so much.

Ahmed: my parents had a tragic childhood
Ryann: why--
Ahmed: it's just teenage angst let's move on"
December 13, 2019 – Shelved as: contemporary