Brian D. Harvey's Reviews > My Twin Sister And Me

My Twin Sister And Me by Emiliya Ahmadova

5419309

Read 2 times. Last read April 23, 2018 to April 25, 2018.

A talented author originally from Azerbaijan, Emiliya Ahmadova always crosses borders and genres in an inventive and polished English characteristic of a master scribe fluent in several foreign languages.

Having completed her first fictional effort a unique blend of the genres of both women's fiction and protest literature entitled Broken Chains, I then moved on to pick up her intriguing collection of short tales of the supernatural, occult, and paranormal under the collective title of A Hell For All Seasons (available on Amazon).

In her third offering here, Ahmadova bravely and boldly ventures into yet another genre, that of children's fiction. My Twin Sister and Me is fiction designed for and targeted at young readers in the Middle Grade. Herself a former scout leader, Ahmadova swings wide the door into the multicultural dimensions of this significant youth activity, in this fictional instance in Venezuela.

As a former resident in the former Soviet Union and one of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), in fictional form Ahmadova treats the plan by the twin sisters to attend a jamboree in present-day Russia, with the two scouts scheming to pay for this exciting prospect in entertaining ways.

Just under 200 pages in reasonably large font for easy reading, Ahmadova's engaging narrative includes not just an educative peek into the merits of scouting as a worthwhile youth pursuit, but also important lessons in the values of family and faith for a younger generation within a global context.

Most significant, as an enterprising international contribution to the genre of children's literature, Ahmadova offers her young readers difficult choices in all too common and contentious situations involving anger, fear, self respect, and bullying. At the same time, in her entertaining narrative the author encourages her young readers to remain empathetic to their peers and, above all, amused among one another.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Twin Sister And Me.

Finished Reading