jana marie's Reviews > The Raven King

The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater

bookshelves: novels, on-my-shelves, faves, lgbtq, young-adult
Read 2 times. Last read March 30, 2018 to April 7, 2018.

I don't even know what to say. I'm still processing the fact that this series is over. That the characters' adventure is over. I legit teared up as I read the last sentence of this book. I don't want it to be done!

Anywho, I loved, loved, loved this book (no surprise there). I don't even know what to say. The plot was amazing. The characters continued to be amazing. I also really liked the new character they introduced (well, he was introduced in the previous book but we get to know him more here). There were heartbreaking moments; sweet, tender moments; and action-packed, heart-pounding moments. I was a little worried halfway through the book that the ending would feel rushed and unsatisfying, but I liked how it ended. And I sort of knew and had a feeling it was sort of going to end that way.

Honestly, the writing is perhaps one of the best parts of this series. It is so, so beautiful. It makes you feel a certain way. It creates this magical atmosphere. It also creates a sense of calmness. It's so atmospheric you feel like you're in the book living the life of these characters. Sensing their wonder, awe and anticipation. I just don't know how to explain it.

This book is amazing. This series is amazing. Do yourself a favour and pick up this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Raven King.

Finished Reading