Sabrina's Reviews > From Here to You

From Here to You by Jamie McGuire

bookshelves: arc-edelweiss-netgalley, cop-military-bodyguard-merc

NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I have no shame in admitting I love a good damsel in distress story, especially when her savior is a military man. So when I saw the blurb for Jamie McGuire's newest book you can bet i jumped at the chance to read it.

From Here to You is the story of Darby, a runaway bride who left her abusive fiance on her wedding day, and Trex, a retired Marine trying to start over with a new job in the one place he thinks will bring him peace. When he meets Darby he instantly know's that she's the one, his one true soul mate that he's been looking for his whole life and who he's measured every girl against, even though he hadn't met her yet. And he doesn't care that she comes with baggage most men would run from, she's his and he's willing to wait until he can prove it to her.

Honestly this was a really unique story in my opinion and for a lot of different reasons. Not only do we get a hero that is instantly all-in for the relationship while the heroine isn't, which doesn't happen too often in romance books, but we also get a really great way of storytelling where the main characters have different beliefs. I'm not a big fan of bringing religion into the books I read but I actually really enjoyed how it was done in this book. It wasn't forced at all but there were moments that the discussion of beliefs came up since Darby was a catholic and Trex was an atheist. I really liked that they didn't let it become a interference in their relationship and it made me love them even more that they could discuss that topic without it becoming a fight.

I just generally really liked and enjoyed this couple. I felt so many emotions for them both but Darby is the character that spoke to my heart the most. I admired her for having the strength to leave a bad situation, but I also hurt for her that she didn't feel like she deserved happiness. I was so happy that Trex came into her life and showed her that she didn't deserve to be punished for a past that wasn't her fault.

There's also a little bit of a mystery, at least for me since I'm obnoxiously curious, surrounding Trex's job. I am dying to find out what exactly is going on at the facility he works at so I hope that's something we'll learn in the upcoming books.

If you're a fan of this author you'll also be happy to see some of the Maddox brothers make an appearance in this book. I haven't read the book yet but I believe that Darby and Trex are actually characters you meet in Beautiful Burn. Either way, if you know these characters or not, I highly recommend their story. It was captivating, and beautiful, and a story I know I will be re-reading many times over.

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From Here to You.

March 30, 2018 – Shelved
March 30, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
Started Reading
June 18, 2018 – Shelved as: arc-edelweiss-netgalley
June 18, 2018 – Shelved as: cop-military-bodyguard-merc
June 18, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

message 1: by KAS (new)

KAS Seriously, Maddox brothers show up?? Sign me up, Sabrina!! Fabulous review 💝

Sabrina KAS wrote: "Seriously, Maddox brothers show up?? Sign me up, Sabrina!! Fabulous review 💝"

Haha yes! You get a good amount of cameos of then :) Thanks, hon

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Excellent review my friend! :D

Sabrina Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Excellent review my friend! :D"

Thanks, darling Xoxo

Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth Sweet review, hon!

Sabrina Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth wrote: "Sweet review, hon!"

Thanks, love :D

message 7: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Great review huni ❤❤❤

Sabrina Michelle wrote: "Great review huni ❤❤❤"

Thanks, babe Xoxo

Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ You're so lucky!! I want to read this one as well!!! Like NOW :P

Sabrina Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ wrote: "You're so lucky!! I want to read this one as well!!! Like NOW :P"

Lol it's out now :) I hope you enjoy it!

message 11: by KAS (new)

KAS Fabulous review, Sabrina! So excited to read Jamie’s latest. Glad you really enjoyed ;) xoxo

Sabrina KAS wrote: "Fabulous review, Sabrina! So excited to read Jamie’s latest. Glad you really enjoyed ;) xoxo"

Thanks, doll! Hope you enjoy :D

Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ Sabrina wrote: "Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ wrote: "You're so lucky!! I want to read this one as well!!! Like NOW :P"

Lol it's out now :) I hope you enjoy it!"

Oh wow, I thought it was ages until it was out :P Thanks!

Sabrina Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ wrote: "You're so lucky!! I want to read this one as well!!! Like NOW :P"

Lol it's out now :) I hope you enjoy it!"

Oh wow, I thought it was ages until..."

Nope just came out today :)