Fictionophile 's Reviews > Crook's Hollow

Crook's Hollow by Robert    Parker

liked it
bookshelves: england, 2019-reads, edelweiss-read, crime-thriller

If you like a fast-pasted read, then look no further. The break-neck pace began with the first page and didn't let up until the last.

Thor Loxley was a likeable fellow, and his dire predicament caused the reader to be interested in how he was going to extricate himself from it. And WHO and WHY someone wanted him dead.

The suspense carried on throughout the book, but the plot was just a bit too 'over the top' for my personal taste. Thor was just too resilient, the action just too far-fetched. It reminded by a bit of some early Dick Francis novels, where the protagonist takes a licking and keeps on ticking...  That being said, it was a compelling read that kept me glued to my Kindle for the duration.

With elements of modern day Romeo and Juliet crossed with the violence of the Hatfield and McCoy family feuds, this is a novel of revenge, greed, and betrayal that will appeal to many - especially those who have a fondness for 'Die Hard' style movies.

For this and hundreds more of my reviews, check out: https://fictionophile.com/reviews/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crook's Hollow.

March 30, 2018 – Shelved