Angie's Reviews > Grey Sister

Grey Sister by Mark  Lawrence

bookshelves: penguin-first-to-read, fantasy
Read 2 times. Last read April 11, 2018 to April 17, 2018.

My Review: I received this book through the First to Read program from Penguin. This is my honest review. I am so glad I waited to read Red Sister until I was able to pick this one up right after. I found Grey Sister to be an easier read and it lacked some of the lulls that Red Sister had; there was constant development of the story line and characters. As I said with the review of Red Sister, I am not a fan of Chosen One tropes, while this series does have a chosen one trope, it is so twisted on its head, you never know who exactly the chosen one is, that I really enjoy that element of the story. I wasn't too sure about the addition of Keot but I ended up really enjoying the extra character. I also love how at the beginning of the book Lawrence gives a great breakdown of the previous book so even if you didn't read them back to back like I did, you can still get the relevant information to jump right back into the story; which I will be super thankful for when the next book comes out because there is no doubt I will want to jump right in!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grey Sister.

Finished Reading