Miranda Reads's Reviews > Eden's Apple

Eden's Apple by Jeff Rigdon

liked it
bookshelves: received-to-review, 2018-popsugar-reading-challenge

A routine heist with not-so-routine-consequences.

Peter and his crew (Kip and Zeke, with occasional assistance from Riley) have just unwittingly stolen a far more dangerous treasure than either of them could possibly imagine.
People will clamor in by the thousands to catch a mere glimpse of THE forbidden fruit that was too tempting for the first two human beings ever to walk the earth to resist!
Soon, much to their horror...they learn that some evil never rests. The apple has a way of seeping into a person's consciousness and twisting away at what is there until you become just a shell of your former self.

Things will get much worse before they get better.

Now, I'm not an expert in theology and that is probably for the best when reading this one. This book takes a loose interpretation of the Garden of Eden and the Apple and throws a modern twist upon it.

This sort of subject is always a bit touchy and while I found this book entertaining, I can definitely see some areas which would cause contention with some folks.

The humor for this one was pretty well-done - I enjoyed the relationships between the main characters. They had an easy-going give-and-take sort of banter that made this for a quick read.
“When you say THE apple, you really mean THE ACTUAL apple? As in the Garden of Eden, tree of knowledge, the forbidden fruit? You’re telling me that this is that Apple?!”
But there were a few moments that just seemed a bit off to me:
“Just what in the hell was in those energy drinks…guys probably roofied me again, thought it was just hilarious last time. Joke’s on you guys I consider being roofied to be foreplay.”
Overall, I was entertained by this one. The banter between the main characters did border on a bit too much and some of the logical leaps for the plot seemed a bit far-fetched (but honestly, only a bit).

The 2018 PopSugar Reading Challenge - A book with a fruit or vegetable in the title

With thanks to the author for providing me a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eden's Apple.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane Wallace Good review, Miranda! :)

Miranda Reads Thanks a bunch :)