Mark's Reviews > Priest

Priest by Ken Bruen

Nov 11, 2011

“My previous years I’d spent as a half-assed private investigator, finding people, solutions, mostly fueled on alcohol. Time after time, I’d been plunged into horror, disaster, and lost everyone I cared about. The list of my dead would cover a wall.”

Yes, Jack Taylor, our favorite Irish rogue is back and no one describes himself better.
This is Jack’s fifth venture and he is hired to look into the murder of a local priest: beheaded in the rectory. Allegations of child abuse are abundant. And as usual, Jack juggles this along with many other difficult issues, personal and otherwise. Not many bright spots here but Bruen’s writing remains sharp and pungent throughout. I love this series.

“Could picture placing an ad in the paper, to go
Early fifties
Recently released from mental asylum
Seeks gainful employment.
Yeah, that’d work”
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Priest.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Luci I love this series, I've read this one but must catch up with the rest and the other books by him I've not read, he's been very prolific in the last few years.

Mark Luci- Try to start from the beginning with this series. "The Guards" is the first. Each one compliments the next one. I love this series too! Bruen just released the 9th Jack Taylor.

Luci Mark, I have read this series from the beginning, I heard Ken speak at a book event in London 8 or 9 years ago, and then met him at Bouchercon in Las Vegas in 2003.