Melanie's Reviews > Ninth House

Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo

liked it
bookshelves: contemporary, new-adult, arc, book-expo-2019, read-in-2019, dark, ghosts, magic, paranormal

2.5 <3 I don't wanna talk about it, but I will next week. Easily the most disappointing read of 2019 for me.

[June 12th, 2019] Yes, I am so blessed & privileged. Thank you Book Expo Gods.

[March 20th, 2019] So, do we like this cover? I feel so torn on it. BUT I know that the inside is going to be a masterpiece so does it even matter?

[March 29th, 2018] *screams for all eternity with want*

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ninth House.

March 29, 2018 – Shelved
July 30, 2019 – Shelved as: magic
July 30, 2019 – Shelved as: paranormal
July 31, 2019 –
page 250
52.08% ""Books are allowed to be dark and deal with heavy subjects, and books should have trigger warnings." - Laura 💛

(I am enjoying this, but it feels so weird to read while this *conversation* is happening! Especially when the quote above is absolutely perfect and sums up my feelings.)"
August 16, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)

Taasia ✨ this review is basically me, ngl

Melanie Taasia wrote: "this review is basically me, ngl"

Hehehehe, right? Ahhh! It's going to be so good, Taasia love! 💖xx

message 3: by Markie (new) - added it

Markie Hicks I can’t wait even tho I still need to read Six Of Crows and Crooked Kingdom😅

message 4: by Melanie (new) - added it

Melanie I still have Crooked Kingdom and King of Scars to read, but I'm super curious about this one, since I never read a book by her that isn't Grisha related.

message 5: by Halle (new) - added it

Halle YES this cover is a m o o d

message 6: by Ashoora (new) - added it

Ashoora Leigh bardugo is one amazing author. And I can't wait to read this! 😍

message 7: by etta (new) - added it

etta The cover feels like a concept..I expected a lil more but I know the inside will be great so it’s not super important 💘

message 8: by Penny (new) - added it

Penny YESSSS! This is happening! I have a mighty need, my gurl! <333

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) Omg 😍 I'd love to meet her one day. Hope you'll enjoy the book!

message 10: by Tilly (new) - added it

Tilly So jealous!!! I love the cover and cannot wait for this book!!

Melanie Markie wrote: "I can’t wait even tho I still need to read Six Of Crows and Crooked Kingdom😅"

You have some good reading ahead of you, beautiful! 💖xx

Melanie Melanie wrote: "I still have Crooked Kingdom and King of Scars to read, but I'm super curious about this one, since I never read a book by her that isn't Grisha related."

I hope you love ALL of these things, but I especially hope we love this one, beautiful! 💖xx

Melanie Halle wrote: "YES this cover is a m o o d"

You get me, bb, you get me. 💖xx

Melanie Ashoora wrote: "Leigh bardugo is one amazing author. And I can't wait to read this! 😍"

Hard agree, sweetheart! 💖xx

Melanie etta wrote: "The cover feels like a concept..I expected a lil more but I know the inside will be great so it’s not super important 💘"

This is the PERFECT analysis, in my opinion! 💖xx

Melanie Penny wrote: "YESSSS! This is happening! I have a mighty need, my gurl! <333"

I have the highest of hopes that we are both going to love this one, sweetheart! Ahhh! I love you! 💖xx

Melanie ⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) wrote: "Omg 😍 I'd love to meet her one day. Hope you'll enjoy the book!"

Thank you so much, sweetheart! I hope you're having the happiest of reading! 💖xx

Melanie Tilly wrote: "So jealous!!! I love the cover and cannot wait for this book!!"

I hope we both love it, Tilly! 💖xx

message 19: by Denisdaily (new)

Denisdaily amazing review incredible!

message 20: by Autumn Byrd (new) - added it

Autumn Byrd Have you seen the Booktopia Exclusive cover yet?! It's absolutely stunning and I think I prefer that cover over this one just because the snake pops a little more. Either way, I think they're gorgeous and I'm so excited for this book!

message 21: by Lady_Am (new) - added it

Lady_Am Ahhh so jealous! I can't wait for this book to come out.

message 22: by Lili (new)

Lili  Marcus You already have a copy... and here I am trying to magic the calendar so it's October already.

message 23: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan I'm torn on whether or not to read this review. I want to but I don't want to because I don't want to know anything. I don't know what to do but to pace on it. BAH!

message 24: by Fortnite™ (new)

Fortnite™ does anybody play fortnite

message 25: by Kate (new)

Kate Oh No!!!!! Can't wait to hear thoughts. I was really excited about this one too

message 26: by ChrissyM (new)

ChrissyM Interested in reading your review.

message 27: by Cali (new)

Cali Teer oh no!!!

message 28: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa nooooooooo!

message 29: by Ericka (new) - added it

Ericka ouch. so curious about your review!

message 30: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Melser I am sorry that it didn't live up to what you wanted it to be. I am interested in seeing what your thoughts on it were though. :)

Claudia ✨ what, how?? I really really loved it and am even more curious about your review now! x

message 32: by Jordan (new) - added it

Jordan Dailey This makes me so sad

message 33: by Leeya (new)

Leeya Very curious about your review.

message 34: by Bailey (new) - added it

Bailey Freeman HOW CAN THIS BE? 😭

message 35: by Haley (new) - added it

Haley Nooooooooo 😩😩😩 not the news I wanted to hear!!

message 36: by Makenna (new) - added it

Makenna Fournier yikesssssss

message 37: by Ivy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ivy Valentiny Melanie nooooo 😭😭😭😭 I’m shook

message 38: by Elena C (new)

Elena C I read some reviews of this and now I completely understand why you didn’t like it... this story seems gross and disturbing just for the sake of being gross and disturbing 😶

message 39: by Taasia ✨ (new) - added it

Taasia ✨ Right now, all I can say is Y i k e s

message 40: by Kamali (new) - added it

Kamali Nooooooo I was so looking forward to this

Laetitia ♡Queen of Libraries♡ I'm scared. I'll be waiting for your review 😅😅

The Last Marauder Oh noooo! Now I'm nervous!

message 43: by JW (new)

JW Oh, no! This is one of my most anticipated reads. :(

message 44: by mike scully (new)

mike scully .

message 45: by mike scully (new)

mike scully ..

message 46: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda Oh no :(

message 47: by Abbey (new) - added it

Abbey Oh my days KEY!!! I pre-ordered this but I’m getting slight nervous with the recent reviews I’ve seen 😬 xx

pukepp.l . xkj